All students will receive a limited-edition Eagle Trek bracelet regardless of the amount donated.
Evansdale Eagle Trek 2022
Working together to build a stronger community
Each year the Evansdale Education Foundation and the Evansdale PTA work together to raise money for our beloved Evansdale Elementary school. With the help of our students, friends, family and members of the community, our goal is to raise $45,000 for the 2022/2023 calendar year.
In the weeks leading up to our Eagle Trek event we ask parents and the community to support our fundraising efforts by placing donations and spreading the word to friends, family, and colleagues.
Eagle Trek Fun Walk
On the morning of Friday March 18th, Evansdale Elementary will kick off its annual Eagle Trek fun walk, where 600+ students from pre-K to 5th grade, will each walk over a mile to raise money for the school.
Student classes takes turn participating in the events held at our lower field, walking and running on our track, participating in games, and enjoying other fun filled activities.
We invite you to participate and volunteer to help on the day of the event!
Eagle Trek After Party
For the first time in Eagle Trek history we are inviting the community to participate in an outdoor event supporting our school and community. We will have food, drinks, games, and at sunset we will be showing a movie on the lawn.
Live Music with our very own DJ Harper!
Get competitive in a Sack Race, Three Legged Race, Tug of War, and Can Jam or checkout the Mega Jenga, Cornhole, Chicken Toss.
$$ CASH ONLY $$
We will have Hotdogs and Marco’s Pizza available for a cash donation, with cold drinks and candy concessions run by our 5th grade students.
The lower parking lot will be closed. Please park only on one side of the surrounding streets to ensure traffic can move freely.
SCHEDULE for March 18th
5:30pm – Doors open, Food Available, Games Begin!
6:00pm – Lawn Competitions
7:45pm – Sunset Movie Begins
Your Donations Matter
Since 2011, the Evansdale Education Foundation and the PTA have worked together, in conjunction with our dedicated parents, friends and business sponsors to raise over $750,000. This money has been used to:
- Update and modernize our media center to cultivate a love of learning.
- Refurbish our track to promote wellness and physical activity.
- Purchase Chromebooks and help fund the STEM Lab to encourage science and technology.
- Enable teachers to become Gifted or ESOL certified, increasing school funding.
- Sponsor specialized teacher training in math, language arts and STEM.
- Hire a full-time early reading intervention specialist.
- Fund events such as field trips, STEM Nights, International Night, and Fantastic Friday.
- Help supplement classroom resources and supplies.
Top Fundraisers Win Big!
Help your childs’ class rise up on the scoreboard! Each class is awarded prizes for participation, with classes that rally the most donations receiving recognition and some special perks. Bring the EagleTrek conversation home and help your child find creative ways to spread their Evansdale Spirit!
We Need Your Help
From now until March 18th, we ask that every student and family helps raise money for Eagle Trek. If every student raised $75 we would meet our goal! Whether it’s donations from family, friends, neighbors, lemonade stands or businesses — every donation can make a difference and have a huge impact on our students’ lives.
Donate with Credit Card or Paypal
Electronic donations are tracked immediately and help us gauge success.
Please select a teacher and provide a childs' name so we may track your donation. All donations are confidential.
Donate with Cash or Check
Cash or Check donations of any amount are welcomed!
Please label your donation
Please place your check or money donation in an envelope marked with your students’ name and your students’ homeroom teachers name.
Make checks payable to:
Evansdale Education Foundation
Deliver the envelope to the school
Your child may hand it to their homeroom teacher or you may deliver it to our front desk
or Mail it to:
PO Box 942222
Atlanta, GA 31141
Come be a part of Eagle Trek
If you have been looking for a way to volunteer and help our school, now is the time. There are several ways you can use your time to help. Activities include helping to collect and count money, assist with various walk-a-thon activities on March 18th and be a part of making the evening celebration great.
Opportunities to register will be expanded as they arise:
- Donation Collection: Help collect donations before school
- Morning Walk-a-Thon: Help the morning of March 18th during the Eagle Trek Walk-a-thon
- Evening After-Party: Help the evening of March 18th during the Eagle Trek After Party
Since this event is on school property during school hours, we kindly ask that all volunteers wear a mask. Thank you for understanding!
Help us spread the word by sharing Eagle Trek on Facebook!
Our annual event raises money through individual as well as corporate donations from community focused organizations like yours. Those funds are used for a myriad of enriching programs, technologies and improvements that promote excellence in education for our community school.
Did you Know Evansdale Elementary School:
- Has over 500 students from our community enrolled from Pre-K through 5th Grade
- Is a feeder elementary school into Henderson Middle School and Lakeside High School.
- Is a Title 1 School; more than 40% of our students are economically disadvantaged
- Is STEM Certified in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math
- Is a French Immersion School where students receive 50% of their daily instruction in French and
50% in English; a highly sought after program within DeKalb County
- Is the First and ONLY dual STEM Certified/French Immersion School in DeKalb County, GA.
Corporate donors will receive recognition through our yearbook, the school website, social media, and can be showcased on our school fence, visible to all parents, students, and visitors. Download our corporate brochure to learn more.